The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product
By converting to EIA-485, the RSC-1 allows up to 128 Morningstar products to communicate on the same communication bus and over much greater distances.
Typical configurations include
- Networking several TriStar and/or TriStar-MPPT controllers
- Adding Morningstars PC Meterbus Adapters (MSC) for use with an RJ-11 port in multi-device networks.
- Adding Morningstars Relay Driver to a network
- Integrating any compatible Morningstar product into an existing EIA-485 network, such as those used by industrial control or SCADA systems.
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for its robust design and high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own MODBUS specification (see our website for full details) that covers the data available from each products specific functions.Model NumbersKey Features and Benefit
- Removable four (4) position EIA-485 terminal
- 9-pin RS-232 connector (male)
- Status LED for monitoring and diagnostics
- Molded tabs for attachment to 35mm standard DIN rail
- RS-232 ribbon cable (not shown) with low-profile connectors
- Product Specifications | Download
|Power Input Voltage||8V — 16V|
|Baud Rate||9600 baud|
|EIA-485 Network Unit Load||1/4|
|Operating Temperature||-40C to +60C|
|Storage Temperature||-55C to +80C|
|Dimensions||72 x 35 x 23mm 2.83 x 1.37 x 0.90 inches|
|Weight||37 g (1.3 oz)|
|DIN Rail Compatibility||35 mm (1-3/8")|